homemade apricot jam
It’s been a couple of days since my last blog, but I am glad you guys liked my Beet Chocolate Chili muffins. They were delicious and my boyfriend became a big fan of them, smothered homemade apricot jam in the inside and topped them with my chocolate glaze. They are also the perfect size, thanks to my amazing silicon muffin pan.
Lots has happened since my last post. I got the chance to become a Fit Approach SWEAT PINK Ambassador, supporting a community of lovely ladies (mostly from the US) and their passion for fitness and healthy living.
It’s an amazing community and I believe that together we can spread the word and inspire people around us. I feel especially honoured to be one of the only Europeans taking part and decided to dedicate my upcoming half marathon race in Trieste, Italy to my fellow pink- sweating community (May, 6th). Talking about marathons, the Vienna City Marathon took place this past weekend and although I did not run, I went to the finishing line to see UK runner Paula Radcliffe and the Kenyan Haile Gebreselassi finish the race. One of my friends also ran the half marathon and I started to get a bit nervous by watching because my FIRST half marathon is coming up so soon! More on that and my lactate perfomance test in the next post!! So stay tuned!
This next part is just copied and pasted from http://eatandgetmoving.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/liebster-award/. If you receive the award, you should:
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!
- Lisa @ The Thrive Style (Because she is a truly inspiring person who puts a lot of thought in her job, experiments and creates the MOST AMAZING chocolate&peanut butter truffles ever!)
- Lou @ Fridgescrapings (Because she makes me laugh or giggle everytime I read her posts. Wished I lived closer to her!!)
- Michelle @ The Peachy Palate (Because she is one of the BEST food photographers out there and a true inspiration for everyone searching for creative vegan recipes.)
- Viktoria @ Muesliviki (Because she is the first German blogger I connected with and I enjoy reading her posts about how she gets along with her fitness workouts and green smoothies)
- Sharon @ Bit of the Good Stuff (Because she is so creative with her recipes, and is an inspiring mom who is able to manage healthy living and parenthood like not many others!)
As this post has been a little on the news side, I will leave it here for today and finish with an inspirational quote to help you stay motivated throughout the week:
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Have you ever been nominated for anything? Have you ever joined an inspiring community?